About the Departments
The Department of MBA programme has been started in the year 2008 with an intake of 60 students under Anna University, Chennai. The programme has gone through various dimensions with changes as per the requirements. MBA is a two years full time programme with specializations in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, and Systems. The department is committed to provide state of the art Management education on par with International standards. The department aims at providing quality and value based education by enhancing the skills of students, create awareness about future trends of industry and familiarizing the students with skills for succeeding in the interviews. The department nurtures and grooms future corporate leaders providing all support systems to learn at prodigious rate.
To be an outstanding source that serve as the vital platform to foster a student competent and dynamic to industrial needs. Further department strives to formulate a tenacious research and teaching atmosphere that responds dynamically to the contemporary issues and obtain managerial solutions.
Mentor the students to transform and advance in managerial and administrative practices, entrepreneurial skills through brainstorming, cases studies and research work that augment organization performance.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO - I Students will establish themselves as effective professionals by solving real problems through the use of management science knowledge and with attention to team work, effective communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- PEO - II Students will develop professional skills that prepare them for immediate employment and for life-long learning in advanced areas of management and related fields.
- PEO - III Students will demonstrate their ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by having learned and applied new skills and new competencies.
- PEO - IV Students will be provided with an educational foundation that prepares them for excellence, leadership roles along diverse career paths with encouragement to professional ethics and active participation needed for a successful career.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Apply conceptual business foundations to solve practical decision-making problems, both individually and as part of teams using techniques such as case analysis, projects and assignments.
- An ability to develop a systematic understanding of globalization and its impact on people, businesses and the economy.
- An ability to demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues (e.g., diversity, social responsibility, sustainability, innovation, knowledge management, etc.) in business and management which is informed by leading edged research and practice in the field.
- An ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams (Team work).
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify, formulate and use the appropriate managerial skills for obtaining its solution.
- Recognize and address ethical issues and values and apply them in organizational settings.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, financial, marketing, sales, logistical security and social issues and responsibilities (Professional integrity).
- An ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally (Speaking / Writing skills).
- Use information and knowledge effectively: scanning and organizing data, synthesizing and analysing in order to abstract meaning from information, and to share knowledge.
- A Knowledge of contemporary issues (Social awareness).
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for managerial practice (Practical managerial analysis skills).
- An integrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to perform as management professionals, and will be prepared for continued learning throughout their career.Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and life-long learning (Continuing education awareness).
- An ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in management (Successful career and immediate employment).
Ninety percent of Students who are placed through the campus placements is continuously rising.On invitation, many reputed industriesvisit the institute to conduct campus interviews.
- Human Resource