About the Departments
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been established in the year 1999 and it is offering UG program in Electronics and Communication Engineering with an intake of 60 from the academic year 2012-13. It is also offering PG program M.E Communication System in the academic year 2011-2012 and VLSI with an intake of 18 from the academic year 2012-2013.
To produce industry ready, research oriented and socially responsible Electronics and Communication Engineers.
- To create an ambience for learning.
- To conduct research, beneficial to the society.
- To promote industry-academic interaction at all levels.
- To be continuously agile to the needs of the stake holders.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Design and test Electronics and Communication systems and be successful professional in the field of E & C and allied areas.
- PEO2: Be a good leader, team worker with strong communication skills.
- PEO3: Possess capability to pursue higher education and be involved in research in the core and allied areas of E&C Engineering and be a lifelong learner.
Program Outcomes (POs)Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Ninety percent of Studentswho are placed through the campus placements is continuously rising.On invitation, many reputed industriesvisit the institute to conduct campus interviews.
- Electronic Devices & Circuits laboratory
- Linear & Digital IC laboratory
- Analog & Digital Communication laboratory.
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller laboratory
- Fiber Optic & Microwave laboratory
- DSP, VLSI & Embedded laboratory