About the Departments
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been established in the year 2002 and it is offering UG program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an intake of 60. It is also offering PG program M.E Power Electronics and Drives with an intake of 18 from the academic year 2010-11.
To become a department of excellence in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering producing competent engineers with research acumen having moral and social values.
- Enhance industry and alumni interaction
- Promote continuous upgradation of faculty and technical staff
- Time to time modernization of departmental infrastructure to provide state of the art laboratories.
- Create research oriented culture to invoke the desire and ability of lifelong learning in the students for pursuing successful career.
- Create and sustain environment of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration of social and ethical values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)Graduates of the program will be able to
- Design, analyze, operate and maintain equipment related to electrical and electronic industries with continuous integration with core and allied industries.
- Use state of art laboratories and modern computer based tools to pursue a diverse range of career as engineers and researchers.
- Bring out innovations to provide best solutions to electrical engineering problems.
- Fulfill the needs of society in solving technical problems using engineering principles, tools and practices, in an ethical and responsible manner.
Program Outcomes (POs)Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Ninety percent of Students who are placed through the campus placements is continuously rising.On invitation, many reputed industriesvisit the institute to conduct campus interviews.
- Electrical Machines I & II Laboratory
- Measurements and Instrumentation Laboratory
- Control Systems Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Electrical Drives control Laboratory
- Power system Symulations Laboratory
- Power Electronics and Drives Laboratory